Accessible Customer Service Plan – Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Janisse Orthodontics is committed to excellence in serving all patients including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by patients with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities Janisse Orthodontics and/or the Windsor Health Centre will notify patients promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Training for Staff
Janisse Orthodontics will provide training to employees who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. Individuals in the following positions will be trained: Receptionists, Hygienists, Dental Assistants and Lab Technician.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Janisse Orthodontics’ accessible patient service plan.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing the office of Janisse Orthodontics.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the accessible customer service plan.
Patients who wish to provide feedback on the way Janisse Orthodontics provides treatment and services to people with disabilities can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Patients can expect to hear back in 7-14 days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to This or Other Policies
Any policy of Janisse Orthodontics that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.