Dr. Francis Janisse is a 5th generation Windsorite born and raised in this city. He is certified by the Canadian National Dental Specialty Board in Orthodontics and the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. He completed both his Doctorate of Dental Surgery and Master’s in Orthodontics at the University of Detroit Mercy, School of Dentistry where he served as class President for two consecutive years.
Dr. Janisse is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, the Canadian Association of Orthodontists, the Ontario Association of Orthodontists, and Omicron Kappa Upsilon dental honour society. In 2005, Dr. Janisse received the American Association of Orthodontists Joseph E. Johnson Table Clinic Award, making him one of an elite group of dental professionals to receive this honour.
Most recently, he received an Honorary Fellowship for the Pierre Fauchard Academy.
Dr. Janisse is an Invisalign® DIAMOND & Teen Provider.
- Orthodontic consultant for the Invisalign Windsor Study Club
- Orthodontic consultant and member of the Cleft Lip and Palate team, Maxillofacial-Speech Clinic, “The John McGivney Children’s Centre”, Windsor, Ontario - 2008 – Present
- University of Detroit Mercy, School of Dentistry, Alumni Board member - 2009 – 2017
- Essex County Dental Society – Past President - 2011-2012
- University of Detroit Mercy Alumni - mentoring the up and coming future dental graduates and hygienists
- Certification at NYU for Nasal Alveolar Molding for cleft lip and palate babies
Journal Articles Published / In Press
- Pangrazio-Kulbersh V, Berger J.L., Janisse F, Bayirli B, "Long term stability of Class III treatment: Rapid palatal expansion and protraction facemask vs. Le Fort I advancement osteotomy." Am. J. Ortho. Dentofac. Orthop. 2007; 131:7.e9-7.e19 (Online version)
- Berger J.L., Pangrazio-Kulbersh V, Janisse F, Bayirli B, "Early Class III Treatment - is it worth the effort? An evaluation of two treatment modalities for Class III correction: Protraction facemask versus LeFort I maxillary advancement osteotomy." Informationen aus Orthodontie und Kieferorthopädie (IOK); 40:2:133-44, 2008
- Berger J.L., Janisse F. "Impacted Cuspids and Orthodontic Treatment Time." Ontario Dentist, 76:(3):24-29; 2009
- Berger, J., Janisse F. “Treatment options for Anterior Open Bite.” Ontario Dentist, 90:(5): 30-35, 2013